Academy Pendulum Sales
Article by William Abernathy, Make: makezine.com, v.27
Academy pendulum kits include:
- A 235-pound 15” polished brass ball with sculptured end caps.
- A 1/8” cable to suspend the ball.
- One magnetic drive system is used to keep the ball swinging continuously. (The magnet is located near the suspension point at the top of the cable.)
- One support tower and pivot assembly
- One electronics control package
- One 10”w x 14”h, educational brass wall plaque mounted on a walnut base. It includes a credit to Jean Foucault for his contribution to science, and a brief explanation of the pendulum.
- Kit comes packed in wooden crates and weighs approximately 640 lbs. total.