Academy Pendulum Sales
Troubleshooting the Standard 16 Foucault Pendulum
Several modifications were made on the "Standard 16" especially in the electronics. The 50's used a pit switch and tube electronics. The 60's used early photo SCR's. The 70's and early 80's used a banner module (model MB4). The late 80's to currently use a Banner CM5 module.
Other changes included the installation of O'Rings on the safety plate hub.
Contact us if you have questions regarding what model you have.
To view a typical Academy Pendulum Sales brass ball, click here.
Academy pendulum kits include:
- A 235-pound 15” polished brass ball with sculptured end caps.
- A 1/8” cable to suspend the ball.
- One magnetic drive system is used to keep the ball swinging continuously. (The magnet is located near the suspension point at the top of the cable.)
- One support tower and pivot assembly
- One electronics control package
- One 10”w x 14”h, educational brass wall plaque mounted on a walnut base. It includes a credit to Jean Foucault for his contribution to science, and a brief explanation of the pendulum.
- Kit comes packed in wooden crates and weighs approximately 640lbs. total.